Clan Gathering 2022 -
POSTPONED to 2024 due to COVID
To All Members,
The board of directors met Sunday afternoon (9/19/21) to discuss the current issues
around the covid restrictions. The restrictions the United States Government, the
Scottish Government, and the airlines are placing on people who want to travel to
and from Scotland makes it very difficult to plan for any big event. Some of the
details of the restrictions are as follows:
- The Airlines are requiring all passengers to be vaccinated to travel.
- Scotland is requiring all visitors be vaccinated with a two dose vaccine.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is not recognized.
- Scotland is requiring a negative PCR test no more than three days from the
day of travel. If you arrive at the airport and Customs determines your
test is too old or you test positive there at the airport they will deny entry.
- Masks will be required for group events over 20 people.
- If you get a breakthrough case in Scotland, then you will be required to
quarantine for at least 10 days at your expense in the hotel.
- The United States is requiring a negative PCR test within three days before
traveling back to the U.S.
- The United States has also classified the UK as a level 4, Do Not Travel,
due to the virus.
I do not know the specific rules for Canada or Australia, but I have been told by
a member in Australia he had to cancel because he might not be able to get himself
or his family back in the country.
Due to the ongoing evolution of this pandemic and the resulting restrictions
governments are having to impose to keep people safe, the board of directors
has decided to postpone the Scotland Gathering until 2024. Further information
will be coming out in future e-mails and The Red Tower regarding the 2022
gathering and election of officers.
Clan Galbraith President
(updated 21 Sep 2021)